Picks are bold, home team comes first. That's what she said.
- Cincinnati +7 @ Indianapolis - It's hard to respect this Bengals team but they do excel at making blowouts close. Look for a stupid TO td late to cut the two score lead in half and cover the spread.
- Houston +1 @ Jacksonville - Houston really didn't run with that whole media darling thing they got after beating the Colts week 1. Now they are definitively the third best team in their division. Jacksonville is 4th, take the point.
- Tennessee -1 @ Miami - After a bye with a deep threat to ease the Chris Johnson pressure. Oh, and Chad Pennington is starting for Miami. He's older than Favre right?
- Minnesota -1.5 @ Chicago - Huge game for the Vikings that they must win against a crappy team that started out the season as overachievers and are falling back in to their role as underachievers, otherwise known as Mike Martzing.
- Detroit +1.5 @ Buffalo - This game is probably going to be pretty good actually. The Lions are a decent team that panics whenever they have a chance to win a game, so they all have good endings. Kind of like the massage parlor I go to, they are all grandmas so they don't call them happy endings, just good ones.
- New York Jets @ Cleveland +3 - New York media implodes tomorrow after the Jets get pay back for their lucky win in Detroit last week. It's also time we all agree that Colt McCoy's name is too good for him to be an average NFL quarterback.
- Carolina @ Tampa Bay -7 - Jimmy Clausen and Mike Goodson are starting at QB and RB for the Panthers. Tampa Bay is actually good.
- Kansas City -1 @ Denver - Make or break week for KC, either they rebound from a tough loss against Oakland and prove they are the real deal or they buckle and lose back to back division games. Look for the run game to dominate Denver today.
- St. Louis +5.5 @ San Francisco - Weird spread. I understand the 49ers need to win this game and all but so do the Rams and I just have a hard time believing this 49ers roster is that much better than the Rams, in fact I don't even think it is. I'm expecting a nailbiter, a gross football game no doubt, but a nailbiter.
- Seattle @ Arizona -3 - I pity the fool that watches NFC west divisional games. I'm fairly certain we're looking at a Derek Anderson v. Charlie Whitehurst matchup here, and believe it or not this isn't a UFL game. Seattle licks the balls on the road and Zona's defense scores more than their offense.
- Dallas +13.5 @ New York Giants - This pick is solely based on a combination of the Cowboys hate of Wade Phillips and the Giants having so little respect for them they only play hard for 20 minutes, which will be plenty of time to squeeze out a victory just not sure it gets them to cover by two tds.
- New England +4.5 @ Pittsburgh - Hell of a football game here. I think Pitt wins and it's close enough that the Pats have a chance to win late. That being said after last week's performance I wouldn't be shocked to see the Pats lose by 30. Roethlisterd should have no problems moving the ball, so this should come down to how much the Pitt D can slow down the Pat's offense.
- Philadelphia -3 @ Washington - One team is good, the other is not. Both teams have highly overrated coaches, both teams can throw a stinker. I'll take the explosive guys.
Last week: 5-7-1